Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Book of Mormon: An Introduction

Many people have heard about the Book of Mormon, but have never read it.  Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints believe it to be another Testament of Jesus Christ, just as the Old and New Testaments found in the Bible. 

If you haven't read it, I say read it.  I love its simple message of Christ and our Heavenly Father's dealings with the ancient Americas.  I love the feeling I get when reading:  peace, and joy. 

At the end of the Book of Mormon, a prophet named Moroni gives a promise found in Moroni Chapter 10, verses 3-5, "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how amerciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and bponder it in your chearts
 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would aask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not btrue; and if ye shall ask with a csincere heart, with dreal intent, having efaith in Christ, he will fmanifest the gtruth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may aknow the btruth of all things.


I have done this.  I know the Book of Mormon is true.  I know God has once again revealed new scripture to help us in mortality.  Please read the Book of Mormon, and pray about it.  I know if you ask with a sincere heart, asking in the name of Christ,  having an intent on acting on your answer, you will be given an answer it is true.   I can't say the answer will come immediately, but I do know it will come in a time and in a way that will be the most growth for you personally. 




When you have questions about the Book of Mormon, you can request a visit from the missionaries, who can answer questions you have:


Request a missionary visit

No comments:

Post a Comment